195 E. Superstition Blvd., Apache Junction, AZ 85119
480-288-2955 ~ Rosie Portugal Brastad, Coordinator
"By helping our students achieve their best potential,
we help our community reach its best potential."
Project HELP is 100% supported by donations: financial, food, new and gently-used clothing, and household goods provided by churches, organizations, businesses, and individuals. Aid is distributed, as funds allow, based on need, as determined by the Project HELP coordinator.
To be eligible for aid, students and families must meet the following criteria:
- The parent or legal guardian of the student must apply in-person at the Project HELP office.
- The family must have children who have been enrolled and regularly attending an AJUSD school for at least two weeks.
- ALL school-age children living in the household must attend an AJUSD school. Aid will be contingent on continued, regular attendance at the school.
- The family must live within the boundaries of AJUSD.
- Written documentation of all income and all expenses must be provided.
Project HELP encourages families to become self-sufficient, in part by treating aid as a loan. Families will repay these loans through service to their community. Families are responsible for finding their own community service and bringing in written documentation of their volunteer hours. It is strongly suggested that parents volunteer at their child’s school if possible.
Project HELP also serves as a resource for other services available to families within our community and will make referrals whenever possible and appropriate.