Regular school attendance is essential for our students to make the most of his/her learning. The State Compulsory Attendance Law requires students between the ages of 6 and 18 must attend school. If your child is going to be absent, please call the school office at 480-677-7500. Please indicate your child’s first and last name, the date, and reason for their absence. We are fortunate this year to have a truancy officer to ensure the success of our students.
- an excused absence will be defined as: an illness, doctor appointment, bereavement, family emergency, observation of a religious holiday, or out of school suspension
- the “personal” code will no longer exist in the system...an excused absence must be one of the above
- students will only be afforded 14 “excused” absences...all other absences will be coded as unexcused
- there is only a 24 hour period afforded to parents/families to be counted as excused...you cannot go back days, weeks, or months to chance an unexcused to an excused
- chronic illness/homebound paperwork needs to be in place to allow a student’s absence to be counted as excused...again you cannot go back and re-figure what has already been coded